Motorola launched the 2nd Gen. Moto E, last month. The new smartphone brings in a bigger display, better processor, and LTE support as well.
Moto E 2015 features a 4.5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 960×540. It is powred by 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 (LTE model), 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 (3G-only version) with1GB RAM. It has 8GB internal storage, microSD card slot, 5MP camera at the back, VGA front shooter (which was missing in the first-gen model), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, AGPS, GLONASS and a 2390mAh battery. The 2015 Moto E runs Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box.
Following is the detailed guide to Unlock the Bootloader
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Moto E 2015.
- Go To Settings -> Dev Settings, And Select “Allow OEM Unlock.”
- Create a backup of all the data present in your device.
- Make sure that your device has a minimum of 50% battery life.
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers on your desktop.
- Download the Minimal ADB and Fastboot or Android SDK.
Steps to Unlock the Bootloader
- Put your device in fast boot mode
- Switch off your Moto E smartphone.
- then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Open Command Prompt with Android SDK/platform-tools/ (Hold Shift and right click and press open command window here)
Note- If you have downloaded Minimal ADB and Fastboot Go to C://Program Files/Minimal ADB and Fastboot and open Command Prompt from there.
- Connect your Phone to PC
- Type this in the CMD prompt window –
fast boot OEM get_unlock_data
- You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
- Now go to the Motorola website and Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a “REQUEST UNLOCK KEY” button will appear at the bottom of the page.
- To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option.
- You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
- Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected.
- Then in CMD type:
fast boot devices
To check your device is connected.
- Now type
fast boot OEM unlock UNIQUE_KEY
Note – In the above command, replace the word ‘UNIQUE_KEY’ with the unlock code that you got via email. Then hit enter, and the unlocking process should begin. Wait for a while, and soon you’ll see ‘Bootloader Unlocked’ warning on your Moto E.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of bootloader unlock.