Google Nexus Q can now be unlocked, rooted and apps can be installed easily with the help of simple instructions which we will be checking out in this article. Nexus Q is the round device with no touch screen and despite not having touch screen there are flurry of developments which are happening. The method is traditional for Nexus devices as it’s just the old fastboot oem unlock. Please be informed that once the device is rooted, the warranty will be void and the only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by re applying the official firmware update.
The Nexus Q can be easily rooted and unlocked, but for installing the apps as of now there is no simple interface. Before proceeding you need to ensure that you have installed the ADB in your computer as without installing the ADB one cannot unlock or root the device. Unlocking the device is no different than the one which we last saw for the Galaxy Nexus device. So, let’s head to the next step where we will be checking on how you can unlock, root and then install the apps in your Nexus Q.
Disclaimer: Don’t held us responsible for any sort of damage happened to your device in the process of applying the rooting process. It is very unlikely that you will face any issues if you follow all the instructions mentioned in this article.
Tutorial to Unlock Google Nexus Q:
- Assuming that you have already unlocked the device, you now need to open the command prompt in your computer. Up next, connect your Nexus Q device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- In command prompt, enter the below mentioned command,
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
Enter all the above mentioned commands one by one after which all the user level data present in your device. Once the device is unlocked successfully, you can now proceed to the next step where we have discussed on how you can root the device.
Tutorial to Root Google Nexus Q:
- Connect your Nexus Q with the computer using the original USB cable and then open the command prompt in your computer.
- In command prompt, enter the command as “adb reboot bootloader” after which the LED will stay as Solid Red and then by holding your hand over the mute LED when it boots up. Now, wait for the same to turn Red.
- In command prompt, enter the command as “fastboot devices” and then enter the command as “fastboot oem unlock” for unlocking the bootloader.
- Within a span of around 5 seconds, you now need to run the fastboot oem unlockaccept . The Nexus Q will then erase the user data and will reboot.
- Pair your Android device again with the Nexus Q. From the Settings menu, you need to enter the device in the debug mode. After this you need to place the boot.img file that modifies default.prop with the following values:
- Download the Nexus Q Boot Image file from here to your computer. Once it’s done, you then will have to enter the command as “adb reboot-bootloader”. Enter the command “fastboot boot nexusq-boot.img” to start the Nexus Q with the root permissions.
- So, there you go you have now successfully unlocked and rooted the Google Nexus Q easily. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
Let’s head to the next page where we will be checking out on how to install the applications in your Nexus Q.
Pages: 1 2