Virtuous ROM present s an all new custom ROM firmware for none other than the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer which we will be checking out in the due course of this article. This custom firmware enables the transformer prime to power up the tablet with over clocking capability which will drive the processing speeds to as high as 1.6GHz. Over a period of this article, we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites followed by the screen captures and then detailed tutorial on how to apply this custom Firmware with some simple steps. All credits to Flemmard, Diamondback, chrisch1974, rmk, mdj, seo, eViL D:, cypis and cjward who has come up with this excellent firmware.
Please be informed that this is not an Official firmware update released by ASUS and also we are not aware of on by when there will be an all new update available for your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner in whole or in parts if anything wrong happens to your device after following the instructions though it is very unlikely if you follow the instructions which are mentioned in this article carefully.
Pre Upgrade Instructions:
- Your data present in your Asus transformer is precious and the best part is that you can easily backup the same as in the due course of the firmware update, there is a probability that the data may get lost.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Please note that you should at least have a battery life of more than 50% just to ensure that the Asus Transformer doesn’t get turn Off in the middle of the process of firmware update.
- Disable all the tools like Security Suites, Firewall tools along with the PC Suite as these software suites tend to interrupt the update process. The APN Settings are located in this path, Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
- Based on latest ASUS release (WW 220.127.116.11)
- Fully zipaligned
- Stock kernel
- Optimized for fluid performance and usability
- Included 1.6Ghz Over Clocking Capability
Screen Captures of Virtuous ROM Custom ROM Firmware:
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you now need to head to the next page where we have summed up the instructions to apply the update of this custom ROM firmware.