Update for Google Nexus Tab 7 arrives and this time, it’s undoubtedly the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware version. With almost all the bug fixes related to the display and battery has been fixed. Also, most of the HD games now work perfectly on Nexus 7 tab powered by ASUS. It was just yesterday on we saw on how you can update with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 version of firmware and now it has arrived for Nexus 7 tab. As of now this update is restricted to some countries but it can be manually applied to all the devices. This 4.1.1 Jellybean release still has some minor issues but will be addressed in Jellybean 4.1.2 release which will be there shortly.
Please be informed that this update can only be applied once you root your Nexus 7, if you haven’t rooted then you will have to root the same so as to accommodate this firmware release. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you can check the same by downloading the app “Root Checker” from the Google PLAY Store. If it’s rooted, then it will show as “Rooted”.
Disclaimer: There is no damage to your device in any manner if you follow the mentioned instructions. We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage happened to your device caused due to not following instructions.
Minimum battery in your Nexus 7 Tab should be a minimum of 60% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware release.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions for backing up the data, you can then head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Before proceeding, you need to Root ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet from the mentioned link and then download Nexus 7 Jellybean 4.1.1 Update Package from here to your computer with the help of original cable.
- Connect your Nexus 7 tab to the computer using the Original USB cable and place this downloaded Jellybean 4.1.1 Zip package in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders.
- Once the file is copied, disconnect the device and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the clock work mod recovery mode. Nexus 7 Tab can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the “Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware package which you have placed in your device. Once the file is selected, it will take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying this update. Once it’s applied successfully, the device will land back on the recovery screen.
- Select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device normally. If the device gets stuck on the ASUS Logo, then you need to re follow all the above mentioned steps so as to apply this Jellybean 4.1.2 update. To check on whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Tablet” where you will see that the current firmware is Jellybean 4.1.1 as mentioned in the above screen capture.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try out level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have successfully upgraded the firmware of Nexus 7 tablet with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware release.