Procedure to update ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T with Factory Firmware:
- Before proceeding you need to ensure that you have setuped the ADB in your computer as it’s a must before proceeding.
- From ASUS’s official website you need to download the Official firmware update package. Please note that you need to select the “Android” option in the drop down menu and then select the option of “Firmware” and then download the latest firmware for your SKU.
- Once downloaded, you need to head to the path “Settings > About Tablet” where you will have to note down the Build number. If the build number starts with “TW”, your SKU is TW. Similarly, if your build number starts with “US”, you must download the firmware for the US SKU.
- Now once the file is extracted, you will have to extract all the files and you will get the archive file. One of the files is named as “blob”, which we will be needing in the due course of this article.
- Download Fastboot and extract the same to the path “C:\” drive and then you will get to see the folder “Fastboot” which will have four files.
- Now, copy the blob file to the Fastboot folder and then you will get to see the 5 files. Now, all you need to do is the turn off the tablet so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Press and hold the Volume Down + Power button and then you will get the message as “Press Volume Up key to enter RCK (5s)”. Don’t press the Volume up button and then wait for 5 seconds till the menu appears. Once its done, you now need to press the Volume down button and then you will have to press the Volume Up button to validate the same. Please note that if the tablet boots up in the normal mode you need to re try the whole process.
- Open the command prompt in your computer by typing in the “cmd” and enter after “Win + R” command in the Run Window. Enter the below mentioned commands sequentially,
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system blob
- Please note that once the device is update, you will have to select the option of Ok and then it will take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying this update. Once the transfer is done and you get that sweet “SUCCESS” printed on your screen, just type the following command to reboot your tablet,
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
Note: Just in a rare case if your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the ASUS Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below. So there you go you have now successfully applied the update of factory firmware in your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T tablet.
Pages: 1 2