If you are a using Samsung AT&T Captivate Glide to I927, then here comes a great news for all you guys as in the due course if this tutorial we will be checking out on how you can install the latest update of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware Officially. Unfortunately there is no time line given by Samsung or AT&T about the arrival of Jellybean 4.1 firmware officially but as in when it arrives we will keep you posted about the same but till then you can apply the latest ICS 4.0.4 firmware. Please note that this is the Official firmware released by Samsung and will be gradually be pushed to the devices via OTA and via KIES software tool.
Please note that before applying this firmware that if you are on the rooted firmware then after applying this update, the root access will be revoked. Just in case if you want to root the device, then we will soon becoming up with the detailed guide on how to root the device. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on what are the pre requisites you will have to follow and then followed by which the procedure is mentioned. Please note that this version of firmware can only be applied to the devices which are on the at&t and not on the Rogers variant of the device. Please note that this is the leaked build and the final build may vary.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- You can back up the data with the help of KIES tool or also you can back up the data manually with the help of below mentioned steps,
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > KIES Mode”, enable the KIES Mode in your device. Also, ensure that the battery left in the device is at least 40% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Don’t forget to install the drivers from the corresponding links, 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows. As of now this procedure only supports Windows based systems and doesn’t support Mac based computers.
So once you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update manually.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Captivate Glide i927 with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Download the I927UCLG9_OneClick.exe tool from here to your computer and open the same. Once the tool is downloaded, you now will have to turn off the device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy Captivate Glide i927 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + the Power button and then you will see that the device will be booting in the download mode. To get into the download mode, you will now have to press the Volume Up key to confirm the download mode selection.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then assuming that you have opened the downloaded executable file, you will see that the ID : COM section in the executable tool will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update and then it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update. Once the firmware is applied successfully, the device will then be rebooted.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go you have now successfully applied the update of ICS 4.0.4 firmware update. You can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone”. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues and we will try out level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of ICS 4.0.4 firmware in your device.