How to Update AT&T Galaxy Note I717 with ICS 4.0.3 UCLC5 Firmware
For all those who are waiting to get an ICS update in their Samsung Galaxy Note I717 powered by at&t can now update their devices just with a simple tutorial. The build number of firmware which got leaked is the IML74K and the firmware version is dubbed as UCLC5 and is the ICS 4.0.3 firmware version. Please note that this is not an official firmware version released by Samsung or at&t, also we don’t have any ETA on by when there will be an official update of ICS.
Rooting Information: Applying this update doesn’t mean that you need to root the device before & also the device will not get rooted after applying this update. Just in case if your device is rooted, after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked. We will soon come up with the rooting process at the earliest.
Caution: Apart from Galaxy Note I717, no other model should be applied with this update.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
In the due course of this article we will be also checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow apart from the detailed tutorial to update with this version.
Features of ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Face Unlock is fully functional
- LTE connections are solid and up to speed
- Phone calls work great both ways
- Audio quality is up to par
- Stereo Bluetooth is fully functional
- MMS is fully functional
- GPS is fully functional
- Google Talk and Video Chat work
- Google Voice is fully functional
- Task Manager is smooth and transitions are quick
- Downloaded Flash video and in-browser video works flawlessly
- Chrome autosync is fully functional
- AT&T Hotspot functionality works, external devices connect fine
Compulsory Pre Requisites:
- Download the ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Package from here to your computer.
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update since it’s a leaked ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 70% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed article on how to apply the firmware update with a detailed tutorial.