Procedure to Update Galaxy Note I717 with ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Double click on the downloaded ICS I717 Firmware Package in your computer and once its opened, you need to turn off your phone so that you can then enter your device in the download mode.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Just in case if the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to again try the process of entering into the download mode.
- Connect your Phone to the computer with the Original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully updated.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update and once the firmware is updated successfully the device will be rebooted successfully. Once you see the home screen, you now need to remove the connected USB cable and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Just in case if the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to again try the process of entering into the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition after which you need to reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now” after which all the cache files will get deleted.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware in your Galaxy Note I717. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same as soon as possible.
Pages: 1 2