AT&T users of Galaxy S3 can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android version. As of now this update can only be applied on the AT&T-I747 variant of Galaxy S3. This update will soon be rolled out to other Samsung Galaxy S3 variants as well. So, before checking out a detailed procedure which will help you update the device, follow the list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below. For a detailed change log, you can refer the below mentioned things;
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– ANT+ Support
– Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
– Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
– Improved RAM management
– Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
– Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– New Samsung Browser (Full screen by default, new tab interface and more)
– New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
– New Camera firmware
Note: As this is the firmware which got leaked from Samsung & AT&T’s side, applying this update won’t root the device or void the warranty.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the KIES for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following instructions.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide.
Procedure to Update AT&T Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.3 XXUEMJ5 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware along with Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the zip files in your computer and open odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your AT&T Galaxy S3 I747 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The Download Mode can be entered by first turning Off the device and then Hold Volume Down + Menu Button and while holding both Keys to Power ON the device till you see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the Download Mode.
- In Download Mode, connect your phone to computer with original USB cable to see ID: COM section turn Yellow / Blue which indicated that all the drivers are installed successfully. Just in case if the ID: COM section doesn’t change the color, you need to manually install the drivers.
- Click on “PDA” to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the rooting package in initial step. Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the process is done, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that the process of rooting will take around 2 – 4 minutes of time.
- As soon as you see Home Screen in your device, disconnect the device from your computer and enjoy using the device on the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware.
- Do check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the Power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. So there you, congratulations you have now successfully updated your AT&T Galaxy S3 I747 with the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android OS.