How to Update Galaxy S 4G with Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware
For all those who wanted to update with the latest Paranoid tablet based custom ROM firmware and are having the Samsung Galaxy S 4G then we will guide you in the due course of this article on how you can apply this firmware update. This firmware is one of the most popular custom ROM firmwares which ropes in the goodness of ICS Android 4.0 firmware along with the core features which we will be discussing in the due course of this article. Though unfortunately there is no ETA on by when there will be an official firmware update, this firmware will solve your purpose to a certain extend of making use of ICS Android 4.0 in your device. This update ropes in the latest ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- In the process of applying this update, all the data in your device will be wiped off, so with the help of below mentioned steps you will have to back up all the data using the below steps. Don’t use KIES or any other PC Suite tools for backing the data as it doesn’t detect the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Also ensure that all the drivers are installed successfully in your computer along with that also make sure that the battery left in the device is more than 30% or else it has a risk of getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that the device is rooted which can be checked from the app “Root Checker” which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store.
So assuming that you are done with all the above steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S 4G with latest Paranoid tablet based custom ROM firmware:
- Download the Paranoid tablet based custom ROM firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Place the zip files in your phone, ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the device as it may not get detected in the recovery mode. After placing the file, disconnect the phone from computer and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode in your Samsung Galaxy S 4G .
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” and then select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware. Now, in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the paranoid Custom ROM Firmware package and Google Apps Package which you have placed in the device. Once selected, it will take round about 4 – 5 minutes for applying the update.
- Once the update is applied successfully, you will now need to select “go back” and select the option of reboot system now. Once the device is booted successfully, you can see that the device is updated with this latest paranoid custom rom firmware.
Note: If at all your Samsung Galaxy S 4G gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So, there you go you have now successfully learnt on how you can apply this Paranoid custom ROM firmware which is very high on the features list.