Update Galaxy ACE 2 I8160 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2 Firmware
XXMB2 Jellybean 4.1.2 for Galaxy ACE 2 smartphone is all here and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can apply the same. This update comes to a surprise for all GALAXY ACE 2 I8160 users as not many of the users has expected the roll out of this firmware by Samsung. Though Samsung has only rolled out this update in select countries as of now, you can apply this update just in case if you didn’t get it yet. So, before we tell you on how to apply this firmware update, you need to make sure that you have followed all the pre requisite instructions mentioned below to facilitate smoother firmware update.
Note: Applying this Jellybean Update won’t root the device / void the warranty in any manner. This is not a custom ROM firmware but is an Official firmware rolled out by Samsung.
This update should not be applied to Galaxy ACE S5830 as it may brick the device completely.
Change Log of Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2:
- Direct Call,
- New Touch Wiz UX Interface,
- New Lock Screen,
- Pop Up Play,
- New Navigation Bar,
- Google Now,
- Improved Camera,
- New Widgets,
- Battery Enhancements
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES as your device may not detect with the KIES after applying this update as till now this update might not have arrived for your Country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Make sure that the minimum battery life is around 30% so as to facilitate smoother firmware update process.
- Now, turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy ACE 2 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up + Menu Button and then holding these both buttons, you will need to turn ON the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, clear all the cache and wipe the data by selecting the corresponding options. Once it’s done, reboot the device in the Normal Mode. If you are on custom ROM firmware, then you also need to clear the dalvik cache.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Now, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step for a detailed guide on how to update with this firmware.
Tutorial to Update Galaxy ACE 2 I8160 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2 Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2 Firmware package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both of the zip files to the desktop preferably.
- Now, all you need to do is to just turn off your Galaxy ACE 2 so that it can be entered in the Download mode. Download mode in Galaxy ACE 2 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Open Odin in your computer and connect your Galaxy ACE 2 smartphone with the computer using the original USB cable. In Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- In Odin, click respective tabs to choose the corresponding files. Ignore the .dll file.
In-PIT select the file GT-I8160_EUR_XX_4G.pit
In-PDA select the file CODE_I8160XXMB2_932015_REV00_user_low_noship.tar
In-CSC select the file CSC_OXA_I8160OXAMB2_932015_REV00_user_low_noship.tar
- Once selected, click on “Start” for starting the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware update process is completed, you will see that the device will be rebooted automatically.
- Till you see the Language selection / Country Selector option, don’t disconnect the device from computer. It may take longer time than expected for the device to reboot as it’s the first reboot after the upgrade.
- To check whether the firmware has been updated to the latest version or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the firmware version as “Jellybean 4.1.2 XXMB2” firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
XXMB2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware has been successfully installed in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you have any issues in the process of firmware update.