We saw good number of custom ROMs for Galaxy ACE S5830 Android smartphone and here comes an all new custom ROM firmware dubbed as Cyanogen MOD 11 firmware which ropes in the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware. This new firmware comes with the goodness of almost all the features as that of the original Kitkat firmware which had been rolled out for Nexus devices. Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be coming out with the Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware for the device citing hardware limitations. So let’s check out on how you can update this device with the latest firmware version of Jellybean 4.3 firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you will need to make sure that you have rooted the device. To check on whether your Galaxy ACE is rooted or not, you can download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store and check. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps.
- After rooting install the “ROM Manager” app from the PLAY Store and install the custom recovery image in your device by selecting the option of install recovery image.
Assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, lets proceed on to check on what are the quick steps with which you can install this firmware in your device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Download the KitKat 4.4.2 Android Package along with the Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these zip file in your device.
- Disconnect the device to either download the ROM Manager app for entering the device in the recovery mode or you can enter the device in the recovery mode manually. Press Volume up + Menu Button and holding these two buttons, you will need to press the Power button for booting the device in the recovery mode.
- Once your Galaxy ACE S5830 Android smartphone enters in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then the firmware file which you have placed in your phone. Once you have selected the file, it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. You can also make use of other recovery rom managers for installing this custom ROM firmwares.
- Once you see the message as “install from zip card completed”, select the option of “Go Back” and choose to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > More > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned as Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS powered by Cyanogen Mod 11.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.