How to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 4 Firmware
Cyanogen Mod developer team is working hard to bring in the latest Cyanogen Mod 9 release at the earliest and in the process of this, we will check out today on how you can update with the Beta 4 release which is almost near stable version of firmware. This update ropes in the goodness of ICS Android 4.0 firmware. Please note that this is not an official update released by Samsung Electronics and also there is no ETA on by when there will be an update of ICS for Galaxy ACE Officially which looks very impossible at least officially from Samsung.
Over a period of this article, we will check out on what are the things which work, not work and also a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update along with the pre requisites which you need to follow. Please be informed that in the process of applying this update, you need to root the device and rooting voids the warranty. To reclaim the lost warranty, you need to apply the update of DDKQ8 by following the corresponding steps.
- GSM (phone/messages/GPRS/EDGE/3G)
- HW acceleration (full)
- All sensors (proximity, roration etc)
- CyanogenMod settings (not all, it’s not fully merged by CyanogenMod team, not my fault)
- Market (now you can download all apps available for Gio with GB)
- Fixed animations (now it looks so good)
- Facebook sync
- Buttons backlight
- GMail fully works
- Browser fully works
- ICS keyboard
- Games – works as smoothly as on Gingerbread
- Deep sleep
- Wifi signal indicator
Not any as per the developer
Change Log of Beta 4 ICS CM9:
- Deep sleep working – happy battery
- Wifi indicator fixed
- Fixed BT issues
- Bluetooth headsets support
- BLN support for all devices
- Updated kernel [Macław]
- Reduced flicker, but still exists
- Added working GalaxyICS app – you can update your CM9 directly from your device
- Of course updated CM9 sources
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the KIES won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted firmwares.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the Cyanogen Mod 9 Beta 4 release is summed up.