How to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with CM 9 ICS Android 4.0.3 Beta 7 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 gets an all new ICS based custom ROM Firmware which is the Cyanogen mod 9 based firmware. Last time we saw the Beta 6 version but in this article we will be checking out on how one can install the latest Beta 7 version. Over a period of this article we will be also checking out on what are the things which work in this article along with the Change log and also in the due course of this article we will be checking out on what are the things which work in this version. Please be informed that this is not an Official firmware version released by Samsung Electronics.
- GSM (phone/messages/GPRS/EDGE/3G)
- HW acceleration (full)
- All sensors (proximity, roration etc)
- CyanogenMod settings (not all, it’s not fully merged by CyanogenMod team, not my fault)
- Market (now you can download all apps available for Gio with GB)
- Fixed animations (now it looks so good)
- Facebook sync
- Buttons backlight
- GMail fully works
- Browser fully works
- ICS keyboard
- Games – works as smoothly as on Gingerbread
- Deep sleep
- Wifi signal indicator
Change log for Beta 7:
- New Adreno200 libraries for ICS
- Fast and smooth system
- Live Wallpapers working – won’t slow down your system, like on Gingerbread! (I’m using Phase Beam, it’s beautiful)
- Gallery and calculator fully working all the time
- Gmail working without any problem
- Browser working really good (smooth and fast)
- All apps with graphic problems, like Power amp, now working without any
- Updated AOSP/CM9 sources
- (development info) New gralloc and hwcomposer
- Updated Macław’s audio libriaries
- FM seems to be working
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the KIES won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy ACE from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Special Instructions to Users on Custom ROM Firmware:
- It’s very important for you to be on the Rooted Firmware, as this firmware will only work on the rooted firmware. Ensure that you disable the Lag fixes if any installed from the recovery mode. You also need to ensure that the Dalvik Cache in your phone too is wiped off so as to ensure that just in case if any data cache is there that too is wiped off completely.
- The recovery mode in the Galaxy ACE S5830 can be entered by Holding Menu Button and then Power ON the device. If the device turns ON in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the Cyanogen Mod 9 Beta 7 release is summed up.