Beta 6, Beta 7 and now here comes an all new version Beta 8 ICS firmware for Galaxy ACE which we will be checking out in the due course on how you can update with the same. Many users are facing with some random force close errors and it has been fixed in this. In the due course of this article, we will be checking out on what are the things which work in this firmware release along with the list of pre requisites followed by the tutorial on how to update in the next page. Ensure that you have already rooted your device before following the instructions.
Please be informed that this is not an official firmware update released by Samsung and also there is no ETA on by when developer will be coming out with a stable firmware update of ICS. There will be few issues with this firmware as its still in the beta stages but as soon as a stable version arrives, we will come out with the same.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Change Log of Beta 8 Firmware:
- Wifi should be fully working right now
- YouTube HQ is working, first 5-10 secound of movie can be laggy (will be improved)
- Really, really more free RAM
- Again faster than ever ealier
- new KGSL back port
- new gen lock back port
- new adreno framebuffer
- new video decoder in kernel
- improved file system cache
- 800MHz is now default CPU clock
- fixed overclocking bugs
- added KSM for even better performance (enabled by deafult, you can disable it in Performance settings)
- fixed IOCTL_KGSL_TIMESTAMP_EVENT errors
- now we are using clean libgenlock
- improved KGSL page table size
- GSM (phone/messages/GPRS/EDGE/3G)
- HW acceleration (full)
- All sensors (proximity, roration etc)
- CyanogenMod settings (not all, it’s not fully merged by CyanogenMod team, not my fault)
- Market (now you can download all apps available for Gio with GB)
- Fixed animations (now it looks so good)
- Facebook sync
- Buttons backlight
- GMail fully works
- Browser fully works
- ICS keyboard
- Games – works as smoothly as on Gingerbread
- Deep sleep
- Wifi signal indicator
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the KIES won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy ACE from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Just in case of you are on the custom ROM firmware, you need to ensure that you have disabled the Lag fixes if any installed from the recovery mode. You also need to ensure that the Dalvik Cache in your phone too is wiped off so as to ensure that just in case if any data cache is there that too is wiped off completely.
So, assuming that you have followed all the instructions you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware.
Pages: 1 2