With Jellybean user interface and the looks of Galaxy S4, Reincarnation ROM series is now available for the Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 smartphone which comes with the tons of new features and also is a definite upgrade over the boring Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware for most of the Galaxy ACE smartphones. So let’s check out on what are the details with which you can update the device with this firmware. Before proceeding to check out the detailed instructions with which you can apply this update, go through the detailed list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy ACE should be backed up manually with the help of below mentioned steps. Make sure that you are not backing the device with the help of KIES suite as it may not help you to restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Check whether your Galaxy ACE S5830 is rooted or not, to check you will have to download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you can root the same with the help of below mentioned steps,
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830. Not to forget, your Galaxy ACE smartphone should have the minimum battery life of 40% or else device might get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned quick list of pre requisites, lets proceed on to check out on what are the instructions with which you can apply this update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Reincarnation ROM Firmware:
- Download the Reincarnation ROM Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the downloaded zip file in your Galaxy ACE.
- Once you have placed the same, turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. To enter Galaxy ACE S5830 in the recovery mode, download the ROM Manager app and select the option of “reboot into recovery mode”.
- Once the device boots in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and select the Reincarnation ROM Package which you have placed in your device.
- Please note that once the file is selected, it will take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying this update and once it’s placed, you will need to select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”.
Tip: If your Galaxy ACE doesn’t power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and then re try the process of firmware update by following the above steps.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest firmware version