If you are bored with the age old stock firmwares which are undoubtedly the laggy ones and buggy can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily update your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 with the latest firmware with the TouchWiz 5.0 firmware which comes with the power of Galaxy S III looks and Touch Wiz 5 theme. Please note that for applying this update you will have to root your device. With the help of below mentioned links, first you can update with the mentioned firmware and then you can proceed to root the same by using the below mentioned links. Full credits to the XDA recognized developer faceliler for coming up with this update.
Now, assuming that you have rooted the device, download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. If the device is not rooted then you can’t apply this update. Also most importantly this update should be strictly applied to the ACE 5830 models only and not for the devices which have the model number as S5830i. You can get the model number info from the “Settings > About Phone > Model Number”. If you still continue to apply this update then we shall not be held responsible for the damage occurred to your device. There might be some minor bugs since this firmware has just been released.
For your convenience we have also mentioned the screen captures on how this one looks like in your device along with the features. Once the update is applied, the warranty will get void as it requires you to root the device. To reclaim the lost warranty, you will have to re install the firmware of DDKQ8 which you can update from the above mentioned link.
Features of ACE Cyanogen mod 7.2 S3 styled:
- Galaxy SIII Theme
- Galaxy SIII Fonts
- Galaxy SIII System Sounds
- Galaxy SIII Boot Animation
- Galaxy SIII Clock & Weather Widget
- Galaxy SIII Wallpaper Chooser ( %100 Fix to your screen )
- Galaxy SIII Launcher (Modifided Holo Launcher)
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this update process in your Galaxy ACE S5830. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
- All the data in your Galaxy ACE S5830 should preferably be backed up so as to make sure that if any data gets corrupted / wiped off, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t make use of KIES for backing up the data as KIES tool doesn’t recognize the devices on the custom ROM firmwares. With the help of below steps you can back up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Minimum battery life should not be below 40% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware application process. Disable all the security suites present in your device as it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.