It was the last time when we saw on how you can install the Beta 8 firmware of Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware, but now an all new version of Nightly build has arrived which ropes in a lot of stability fixes. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the detailed list of features this update comes along with. Please be informed that this is not an Official firmware update released by Samsung Electronics and also we don’t have any ETA on by when there will be an official update of ICS. We are very thankful to the Galaxy ICS team who has come out with this firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Since, this update is a Nightly build, there will be minor issues with this firmware as its still in the beta stages but as soon as a stable version arrives, we will come out with the same.
Features of Galaxy ICS CM9 Nightly Build:
- GSM (phone/messages/GPRS/EDGE/3G)
- HW acceleration (full)
- All sensors (proximity, roration etc)
- CyanogenMod settings (not all, it’s not fully merged by CyanogenMod team, not my fault)
- Market (now you can download all apps available for Gio with GB)
- Fixed animations (now it looks so good)
- Facebook sync
- Buttons backlight
- GMail fully works
- Browser fully works
- ICS keyboard
- Games – works as smoothly as on Gingerbread
- Deep sleep
- Wifi signal indicator
- Native Android mass storage
- Without flickering
- Almost working HW video acceleration
- Smooth YT (LQ right now)
- Live Wallpapers
Change Log of CM9 Nightly Build:
- Updated sources – really improved CM9
- Settings now are fixed – you don’t have to reboot to save any changes!
- Big update in Maclaw’s lib audio
- Added themes support
- Added custom icons on lock screen
Let’s get started with the list of pre requisites which you need to follow below,
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up as all the data in your Galaxy ACE S5830 will be wiped off completely. So, to restore the data backup, you need to follow below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as KIES doesn’t support the beta or custom firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy ACE S5830 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
If you are on any of the custom ROM firmware, then you will have to wipe the data and clear the cache from the recovery mode. Additionally, go to Advance options in recovery mode and clear the Dalvik cache too.
So, assuming that you have followed all the instructions you can now proceed to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware.