Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE S5830 with Gingerbread XWKPY 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download the XWKPY Firmware Package along with the Odin in your computer. Once it’s downloaded, you now need to open Odin in your computer. Now, turn Off the device so that it can be then entered in the download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy ACE S5830 can be entered by pressing down on Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button . Just in case if the device boots in the normal mode then you will have to again try the process of entering into the download mode.
- Connect your Galaxy ACE S5830 to computer with the help of original USB cable while keeping the Odin application opened in your PC. Once the device is connected, you should see that the ID : COM section in your Odin turns Yellow which will indicate that all the drivers have been installed successfully.
Note: If the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
• Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
• Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “OPS” tab to select “Cooper_v1.0.ops”, tick mark on “One package” option. Up next, you will have to select the file “S5830XWKPY_S5830XWKPA_S5830XEUKP1_HOME.tar.md5” by clicking on “One Package” tab.
- Once all the files are selected, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and as soon as the Language settings are being asked, you can disconnect the phone and turn Off.
- You now need to enter into the recovery mode by pressing Menu Button, and holding this you need to press the Power Button. Once you enter into the recovery mode, choose the options Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated the Galaxy ACE S5830 firmware with the latest XWKPY version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.