How to Update Galaxy ACE S5830i with Simplicity Custom ROM Firmware
Simplicity Custom ROM firmware arrives for Samsung Galaxy ACE 5830i smartphone arrives in style and in the due course of this article we will be checking out the same on how to apply the same. Please be informed that this is the custom ROM firmware and not the official firmware update released by Samsung Electronics. Unfortunately, there will be no future updates for Galaxy ACE line up like ICS or the Jellybean 4.1 due to hardware limitations. All thanks to the developers who are constantly working hard to deliver the best and stable custom ROM firmwares.
Over a due course of this article we will be checking out on what are the features of this custom ROM along with the detailed features, express pre requisites and a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update. For all those who are in a misconception that there will be fewer custom ROM firmwares for S5830i model than compared to S5830 model then we would like to tell you that there is nothing like that and we will continue to come up with the articles which will enhance your Android experience.
Note: For applying this update, the device will have to be rooted as this is the custom ROM firmware. To check on whether the phone is rooted or not can be found with the help of “Root Checker” app which can be downloaded from Google PLAY Store. If your device is not rooted then you will not be able to apply the same.
Features of Simplicity Custom ROM firmware:
- Based on latest firmware XXLF3
- Fully barebone
- Nexus bootanimation
- Battery & performance tweak(battery is jus awsum)
- % Battery icon
- Added latest kernel(rev-20120819-2249) by Rafael.Baugis
- Roboto fonts
- Red Overscroll glow
- Galaxy S3 like icons
- added Zeam launcher
- Latest Superuser.apk
- Supports Apps2SD Capability
Before we proceed, it’s our recommendation to backup all your valuable data present in the phone memory manually to your computer with the help of below steps. Don’t make use of the KIES tool for backing the data as it won’t detect the device in the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging by selecting the appropriate option in your Galaxy ACE S5830i. After this, disable all the antivirus suites installed in your phone as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update. Make sure that minimum battery level is more than 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update. We have also summed up few screen captures on how this custom ROM firmware looks like.
Procedure to Update Galaxy ACE S5830i with Simplicity Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download Simplicity Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Samsung Galaxy ACE 5830i with the computer and place this file in your device.
- After placing the files, disconnect the Galaxy ACE 5830i device and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Ensure that you haven’t placed the zip file deep into the sub folders.
- The recovery mode in the Galaxy ACE S5830i can be entered by Holding Menu Button and then Power ON the device. If the device turns ON in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode. You can also enter the device in the recovery mode from the “ROM Manager” app which you can download from the Google PLAY Store.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Simplicity Firmware Package which you have placed in the phone. Once the file is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the same. Please note that it will take more than normal time for rebooting the device for the first time. Just in case if the device refuses to boot up, all you need to do is to just enter the device in the recovery mode and wipe all the cache and data from the recovery mode.
Once it’s done, the device will be restarted and bingo there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this Gingerbread based Simplicity custom ROM firmware in your device. Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues as we will be more than happy t help you out.