A very warm welcome to the users of Galaxy S Advance as this is the first article for you and in the due course of this article we will be helping you to update you’re an all new smartphone with the latest bug fixed Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware version which is dubbed as XXLD1. In the process of this article, we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow followed by which we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in the next page. The best part of your smartphone is that it comes with the latest dual core technology and houses 1GHz Dual Core processor to give you super speed experience.
Improvements in XXLD1 Gingerbread 2.3.6:
- Wi Fi issues have been fixed,
- Issues with instagram have been fixed,
- Some games were getting force closed, it’s now fixed,
- Issues with Camera have been resolved,
- Google PLAY Store has been updated,
- Performance fixes have been added
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Please note that applying this update will not harm the device in any manner and also the warranty won’t get void. Just in case if you wish to root the device after applying this update, we will try to come up with a rooting article at the earliest. Also, just in case if you have already rooted your phone then after applying this update, your rooting access will be revoked. Since this is a Global update, it can be applied to all the Galaxy Advance device irrespective of the country you bought your device from. As of now there are no details on the Value Pack or ICS Android 4.0 for Galaxy Advance I9070.
So, let’s get ahead and check out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the below mentioned data needs to be backed up so that just in case if the data present in your Galaxy Advance gets corrupted or erased, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy Advance from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this all new Gingerbread update.