Procedure to Update Galaxy Captivate with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update:
- First up you need to download the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update package and then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Place the downloaded zip file in your phone. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders. Please note that this update can only be applied on the Rooted devices. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you can check the same by downloading the app called “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
- Once you have placed the zip file, disconnect the device and turn off the device so that you can then enter your Galaxy Captivate in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, select options “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” to clear all the cache present in the device. Disable all the lag fixes if there are any in your phone or else the device may even brick.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” after which you will see that it will take around 6 – 8 minutes for applying this update. After this, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone in the ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware.
- Now, in recovery mode, select options Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” to get away from the force close issues. Now, in recovery mode, select “go back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. To check on the firmware has been updated or not, you need to check from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will see that the firmware version as 4.1.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
So there you go you have now successfully updated your device with the latest firmware of the Slim Bean ROM in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.