Samsung Galaxy S DUOS S7562 can now be updated with the latest firmware of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware version which is dubbed as XXALHB version. This is the first ever firmware released by Sammobile which can be flashed with the Odin. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can apply this firmware update in your device. Very soon and most probably users of Samsung Galaxy DUOS S7562 might just get the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware which is the latest firmware released by Google few days back. Though this firmware is released officially for users in Germany, one can apply this update irrespective of the country you are from.
So, over a period of this article we have summed up a list of quick pre requisites to be followed along with the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update. The best part of this update is that you need not root the device for applying this update and is an official firmware released by Samsung. Also, after applying this update, the warranty won’t get lost.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the files with the help of KIES as this ICS XXALHB 4.0.4 firmware is not yet rolled out all over the globe.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy DUOS S7562 and also make sure that all of your PC’s USB ports are active and are working. Also, last but not the least ensure that your Samsung Galaxy DUOS S7562 is left with the minimum of 60% battery charge so as to ensure that the device doesn’t run out of battery in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you are done with all the above steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S DUOS S7562 with Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Download the Galaxy S DUOS S7562 with Official ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware Package and odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the odin in your computer and turn off your phone to enter the device in the download mode.
- Extract the firmware zip file so as to get the tar file. Open Odin in your computer.
- Download Mode in Galaxy S DUOS S7562 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode. You can alternatively, enter your phone in the download mode with the help of below mentioned Video tutorial.
- Click on “PDA” to select “tar file which you got after extracting the firmware zip file” and then click on “Start”. Once you click on start, it will take around 2 – 3 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the firmware is applied successfully, the device will reboot on its own and it may take more than the normal time for rebooting the device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy DUOS S7562. In coming days we will be coming out with a detailed tutorial on how to root Samsung Galaxy DUOS S7562.