How to Update Samsung Galaxy Europa I5500 to XFJPQ 2.2 European Firmware
Instructions to be followed before updating to XFJPQ:
- The first and most important thing to consider is backing up of your data on the phone. Generally, after updating users will lose all the data on the phone, so it is must to back up and store all your data.
Back up and store your data using SMS Backup & restore.
Back up and store your contacts using Gmail.
Back up and store all your music files, pictures, videos on external SD Card.
- Next, note down the APN settings and MMS settings before proceeding further. After completion of the updating process, these settings will be helpful for you to access the internet and MMS services. Make a note of these settings by following this path: “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”.
- Always remember to charge your battery more than 90 % in order to avoid any interruption in the process of updation.
- Make sure that you have a computer or laptop with Windows XP/7/Vista along with the ADMIN privileges. Update your KIES to latest KIES 2.0 version and close all the anti-virus solutions and firewalls on your PC.
- This update will only work for Samsung Galaxy Europa GT I5500 users, so other users do not update to this firmware.
We will now see the actual procedure to update your phone to XFJPQ 2.2 version.