How to Update Samsung Galaxy Europa I5500 to XFJPQ 2.2 European Firmware
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy Europa GT I5500 to XFJPQ 2.2 version:
- Initially, download Galaxy I5500 XFJPQ zip package and save it your computer. Now extract the files at the same location. While extracting the files, you will be prompted to enter the password. So, enter ‘androidadvices.com’ as a password and extract the files.
- Once you extract the files, ensure that you have all the files as shown in the above screenshot. If you missed any of the file, then download the package again. The above screen shot was taken in Windows 7, so it may differ in other OS, but make sure that all the files have extracted correctly. Once you are cleared with all the files, open Odin tool from the extracted files.
- Now turn OFF your phone and ON it again in the downloading mode. To enter into the downloading mode, press volume DOWN key and OK button along with the Power button simultaneously. Refer to below video to know how to turn ON your phone in the downloading mode.
- After your phone is in downloading mode, connect your phone to PC using the USB cable. As soon as you connect the phone, COM Port mapping block in the Odin tool will turn into yellow indicating that all the necessary drivers have installed successfully.
- Now go on, click the ‘OPS’ and ‘One package’ option, and select the files as shown in the figure below.
OPS – EUROPA_v1.0
One package – I5500XFJPQ_I5500XWJP4_I5500MOTJP3_HOME.tar
- After selecting the files as mentioned above, click on ‘Start’ button to initiate the process of updation. This may take few minutes and make sure that you don’t interrupt the process until it is completed. Once it has done with the updation process, the phone gets restarted and now turns OFF your phone to ON it again in the recovery mode. To enter into the downloading mode, press volume UP key and OK button along with the Power button simultaneously. Refer to below video to know how to turn ON your phone in the recovery mode.
- After entering into the recovery mode choose Wipe data/ factory reset along with Wipe Cache partition. This has to be done in order to clear all the cache files from your phone. Now, reboot the phone using ‘reboot system now’ option and enter the language preferences and Google account preferences.
That’s all; your Samsung Galaxy Europa GT I5500 has updated with XFJPQ 2.2 version. If you have any issues and doubts, please mention them under the comments section below, as we always try to provide you the best solutions to solve them.