Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670 smartphone users can now make the most from their smartphone with the help of JOY Custom ROM which is now available. Please note that this custom ROM almost makes your Galaxy FIT looks like that you are using an iPhone. So, over a period of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily apply this latest firmware update with the help of quick pre requisites followed by the screen captures and detailed instructions on how to apply this update. For your convenience, we have also summed up a video which is by developer himself which will guide you on how this firmware looks like.
For applying this update, you will have to ensure that the device is rooted. To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to check the same with the help of an app called “Root Checker” which can be downloaded from the Google PLAY Store. Once the device is rooted, download the “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store and flash the custom recovery image in your Galaxy FIT.
Just in case if your device is not rooted or installed with the custom Recovery image, you can follow the instructions mentioned in the below link which will help you on how you can root and install the custom recovery image in your Galaxy fit S5670.
Quick Pre Requisites:
Create a backup of all the data present in your phone with the help of below mentioned manual steps as your Galaxy FIT won’t support KIES in the custom ROM. Please make sure that you are not creating the data backup with the help of ROM Manager app as it may potentially brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670. Also, minimum battery charge should not fall below 40% or else there is a rick of device getting powered off in the middle of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how you can easily apply this update in your device.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy FIT S5670 with JOY Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Joy ROM Custom ROM Firmware from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and move the zip file in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders.
- Disconnect the phone and turn Off the device so that your Galaxy FIT can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode in the Galaxy FIT S5670 can be entered by Holding Menu Button and then Power ON the device. If the device turns ON in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode.
- Alternatively, you can enter your Galaxy FIT in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app by selecting the “reboot into recovery mode” option.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the JOY Custom ROM Firmware which you have placed the device.
- Once the update process is completed, the device will again land back to the recovery screen. In the recovery screen, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the system.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. There you go, you have now successfully learnt on how you can easily update this JOY Firmware in your Galaxy FIT device