Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670 smartphone can now be rooted easily and for all those who have rooted can now upgrade to the latest custom ROM firmware which looks similar to that of the Windows Phone. When we talk of the overall user interface, then this custom ROM firmware gives tough even to a high end smartphone as this one comes not just UI but also comes with the additional capabilities like Bluetooth and MTP / USB Storage mode which is missing in the Windows based smartphones. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the steps you will have to follow so as to update this firmware.
Unofficially there is no timeline on by when there will be an improvised version of Gingerbread firmware update but as in when it comes, we will come up with a tutorial which will help you to update the same. For applying this update you will have to root the device. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check whether the device is rooted or not.
All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Fit GT S5670 smartphone should be backed up with the below mentioned steps manually. Don’t use KIES PC Suite so as to back up the data as it doesn’t support the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Fit GT 5670 smartphone. Also, make sure that the device is left with the minimum of 50% or else the device will be turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Now assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Procedure to Update GALAXY FIT S5670 with Windows Phone Styled Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the latest WP7 Styled Custom ROM Firmware and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer and place these two zip files in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the files deep into the sub folders or else the files won’t be
- After downloading, connect your phone in the mass storage mode to the computer and place the zip file in your device. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the device. The recovery mode in the Galaxy FIT S5670 can be entered by Holding Menu Button and then Power ON the device. If the device turns ON in the normal mode then you need to try again to enter into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the WP7 Firmware Zip file and the Google Apps Package which are placed in the phone.
- Once the update process is completed, the device will again land back to the recovery screen. In the recovery screen, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the system. If the phone refuses to show the home screen even after 5 minutes of restart, you need to then reinsert the battery.
- Please note that it may take more time than expected for the first reboot. If your device is getting the force close errors in certain apps, then all you need to do is to just clear the cache and wipe the data from the recovery mode and then select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Tip: Due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
Do share with us in the comments section, just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. You can check the same on whether the firmware is updated or not from the path “Settings > About Phone”.