For all those users who are having Samsung Galaxy GRAND I9082 Android phone, can now update with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2. The best part of this update is that it comes with all the advanced features which are otherwise not available in the stock or default firmware. So after checking out on what are the quick list of pre requisites below, let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you update the firmware update. Unfortunately, there is no update on by when Samsung will be rolling out the Kitkat 4.4 update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps manually and not with the help of KIES
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Samsung Galaxy GRAND DUOS I9082 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Once the USB Debugging mode is enabled, you can then install the custom ROM firmwares.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy GRAND DUOS I9082 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
- Download the ROM Manager app from Google PLAY Store and install the custom recovery image in your device
- Before proceeding, you will have to make sure that you have installed the “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, root the same with the help of below mentioned steps;
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with this firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy GRAND DUOS I9082 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with original USB cable and place the firmware zip file in your device.
- Up next, you need to disconnect the device to computer and open the ROM Manager app from Google PLAY Store to enter the device in Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy GRAND DUOS can also be entered by pressing Volume Up + Home Key and holding these both buttons you now need to press the Power button. If the device boots in the normal mode, you now need to retry the process.
- In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone by selecting the options like “Clear Data” and “Wipe Cache” so that all the cache data gets erased in the device.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and then select the firmware zip file which you have placed in the device and then followed by the Google Apps Package. It will take around 4 -5 minutes to apply both the zip files in your device.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Please note that it may sometime take more than 4 -5 minutes for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Once the firmware is updated successfully, it will load all required services in the device.
- To check on whether the firmware is update or not, you need to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware.
Note: If at all your Galaxy GRAND DUOS gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated the device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.