Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware which is dubbed as XXAMAB. The best part of this update is that the considerable lag of the device has been fixed with this update when it comes to few applications and also the issues related to the Camera too have been fixed. So, let’s head over to the detailed list of pre requisites which we have mentioned below and then we will be checking out on what are the list of instructions you need to follow for applying this update.
This is the Official firmware update released by Samsung and not the beta or custom ROM firmware update. As of now this firmware is only available in select countries and can be updated to your device irrespective of country or region you are from.
Note: Please be informed that applying this firmware update won’t void the warranty or spoil the phone in any manner, but the only thing you will have to make sure is to follow all the instructions mentioned below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets wiped off or gets corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t create a backup of data with the help of KIES or ROM Manager as you may not be able to restore the data again.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how you can apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Grand I9082 with XXAMAB Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XXAMAB Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files to a folder preferably in the desktop.
- Now, open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy Grand I9082 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Open Odin in your computer. Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM Section will turn Yellow. Just in case if the odin refuses to turn Yellow, you will then have to install the required drivers by removing unknown drivers in USB section and reboot the system once. Preferably you can install the Samsung KIES to get rid of this issue from Samsung.com/KIES.
- Now, open Odin in your computer and then click on “PDA” to select “” and then click on “start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated, the device will be rebooting and then once you see the home screen, you can remove the connected USB and follow the on screen instructions.
- To check on whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.2 XXAMAB. Very soon we will be coming out with an article which will help you root your Samsung Galaxy Grand device.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware dubbed as XXAMAB in your Galaxy Grand I9082 smartphone. Do keep us posted in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same as soon as possible.