Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 can now be updated with the latest firmware of Jellybean XXAMC8 which ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Also, there are rumors doing the rounds that it will soon be coming out with the Jellybean 4.2 update for Galaxy GRAND in the coming days. So, let’s check out on how you can update your Galaxy GRAND with the latest firmware of XXAMC8. Please note that this is the official firmware update released by Samsung and can be applied to any device across the globe. We will also be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares for your device which will help you upgrade the firmware.
Though we don’t have an exact list of change log of this firmware, there are some minor bug fixes which have been done in this version of firmware and also issues related to force close in Camera has been addressed.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Though this firmware XXAMC8 is the official firmware update released by Samsung, it’s highly recommended that you install the firmware after clean wiping the device. Backup all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the ROM Manager or KIES.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Assuming that you have created a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps, you need to turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- The Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 can be entered into the recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone. Once the data is wiped, you then will have to select the option of “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the SUB Debugging Mode. Also, make sure that the minimum charge left in your phone is 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head over to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware update in your Galaxy GRAND smartphone in Next Page.
Pages: 1 2