Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Cyanogen MOD 10.1 RC2 Firmware:
- Download the CM 10.1 RC Firmware Package and Google Apps Package in your computer and transfer the same in the external sd card to place in your Galaxy S.
- After placing the two files in your Galaxy S, disconnect and turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. Just in case if the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery Mode, clear the cache and wipe the data by selecting the appropriate options and then select “Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware Package then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device to apply the update.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the firmware. Once the firmware is updated successfully, you will need to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update in the comments section as we will try our level best to sort out the same. There you go, you have now successfully updated your phone on the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware.