There’s one more reason arrives for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users to get cheered up as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can make use of an all new custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as DARK Night ICS 4.0.4 which is far more stable than any else custom ROM firmware. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the detailed list of pre requisites you need to follow apart from the detailed tutorial which we have summed up in the next page. Please note that this is not an official update released by Samsung Electronics and also there is no ETA on by when there will be an update of ICS for Galaxy S GT I9000 Officially which looks very impossible at least officially from Samsung.
Caution: This update is STRICTLY for the users of Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 only, this one should not be applied by the users of any other similar smartphone like I9000B etc.
Features of Dark Night custom ROM Firmware:
– Engine: Android 4.0.4 release Nasif modified, changed, improved
– Very Fast System
– Fat-Free ROM
– Zoom on camera
– Full init.d Support
– Touch to focus
– Voodoo Colour
– Notification widgets
– Insert Busybox
– Tweaks in Build.prop
– Best battery life [NO Android OS BUG]
– WiFi Tethering
– HD 720p Video recording
– GPS tweaks.
– Add free rom.
– Necessary app installed on your data partition.
– Full USB transfer speed.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the KIES won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Now, you need to enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted firmwares.
Special instructions for Users on Custom ROM:
- Ensure that Voodoo Lagfix or any other Lagfix is disabled in your device which you can do the same from the recovery mode. Also, additionally from the recovery mode, in “advanced” option you need to clear the Dalvik Cache before applying this update or else it may hamper the process of firmware update process.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the Dark NIGHT ICS 4.0.4 Custom firmware release is summed up.