Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone which still is powered with the age old Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware by default can now be upgraded with the latest firmware of ICS 4.0.4 firmware of IMM76I build which is a custom ROM firmware. Unfortunately, there won’t be any Official update of ICS for Galaxy S GT I9000 and this custom ROM firmware comes with a very long list of features. Please note that this is not an official firmware released by Samsung Electronics and is a custom ROM firmware released by F4K developer of XDA.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of updating Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Lock screen settings: fixed lock screen wallpapers and custom icons.
- Lock screen settings: added lock screen 3 & 5 targets.
- Lock screen settings: added lock screen Weather.
- Lock screen settings: added lock screen Calendar.
- Added Theme Chooser.
- Added F4k MOD Wallpapers (CM source).
- Added Mi File Explorer.
- General Settings: added Notification count.
- Dialer: added Dialpad settings.
- Fixed lock screen music widget layouts to make update properly.
- Samsung RIL cleanup.
- Settings cleanup.
- Rearranged stock Launcher icons
- Phone: added National data roaming
- Odex & Deodex versions
Please note that there will be some minor bugs in this firmware, but will be resolved in the coming builds. So let’s get started with the pre requisites. This firmware ropes in the latest IMM76I build of firmware which is a Galaxy Nexus firmware update.
- If you are on any of the custom ROM firmware, then you need to wipe the data and clear the cache from the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button +Volume Down button. While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device by pressing the Power button.
- Ensure that you have backed up all the data present in your device as all the data is wiped off. Manually you can back up all the data with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery charge should be 50% and also you will have to make sure that you have enabled the USB Debugging Mode in your device from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply the update.
Pages: 1 2