Flyme OS has now arrived and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can actually update with the same in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone. Flyme OS is the new Operating system which is different from Android and can now be experienced. This firmware update port is very simple and in the due course of this update we will guide you on how you can port the same. For your convenience, we have also mentioned the screen captures on how this firmware looks like. The main advantage of this Flyme OS is that it comes with various mods which are based on the visual mods as well as the other apps which makes this one special. Though this update is not yet officially adopted by Samsung, this OS is still under the test stages.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s get started with the detailed procedure on how to apply this all new firmware update in your Galaxy S GT I9000 but before that you will have to make sure that you follow the list of pre requisites which we have summed up below,
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all your data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned step.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked. Make sure that the minimum charge left in your device is a minimum of 60% so as to make sure that your phone doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update.
- For applying this update in your Galaxy S, you will have to make sure that your device is rooted which you can check with the help of “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if the device is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you will have to root the same.
There are few things which are not working while there are few which arw working perfectly fine, we have summed the same below,
- Boot !
- Bluetooth (not tested to pairing)
- Camera (video recording not working)
- Settings.apk option for “Network”
- Call recording
- Recieving Calls
- External SD Card
- SoundRecorder.apk force close (call recording uses SoundRecorder.apk)
- Scrolling left in Music.apk when the record is displayed causes force close
- We are using CM9 Camera/Galley – Going to see if i can port Stock Flyme Camera
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware update in your Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Flyme OS:
- Download the Flyme OS Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Now, connect your Galaxy S with the computer using the original USB cable and then you need to place the zip file in your device. Disconnect Galaxy S connected with computer and then download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store.
- Now, in ROM Manager app, select “Enter into Recovery Mode” for booting the device in the recovery mode or else you can also manually enter the device in the recovery mode by first turning Off the device. Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered manually by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
- Now, in recovery mode you will have to select “install zip from sd card” to choose the placed Flyme OS Package which you have placed in your device. It will take around 3 – 5 minutes for applying the update. Please note that sometimes it may take more than expected time for updating the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. You can also leave a comment in facebook or on our Google + page of AndroidAdvices.