Samsung Galaxy S I9000 can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.3.1. This custom ROM firmware comes with the state of the art features which will make sure that your Jellybean experience is not compromised as it comes with almost all features of the Official jellybean 4.3.1 OS. So, let’s check out on how you can update it quickly. Just follow the list of quick pre requisites which are summed up below after which you can proceed on to the instructions with which you can manually update with this firmware update.
Quick pre Requisites:
- Not with the KIES, but create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps only. Also, don’t make use of the ROM Manager to back up the data as it may brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you will need to makes sure that your phone is rooted. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your device is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned instructions you can root the same;
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, lets head over to the next page where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Procedureto Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Android Firmware:
- Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy S to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two zip files in your device, preferably in the external sd card.
- Disconnect the device from computer so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. Just in case if the device gets turned ON in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery Mode, clear the cache and wipe the data by selecting the appropriate options and then select “Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the Jellybean 4.3.1 Firmware Package then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device to apply the update.
- Once both the packages are selected, you will need to select the option of “go back” and select the “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Please note that it might take more than 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
To check on whether the firmware is updated successfully or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware update will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS. So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.