Procedure to Update Galaxy S with Amestris ROM v7.3 Custom ROM Firmware:
- Before proceeding, you need to ensure that you are on the Rooted Firmware of XWJW1. Just in case if you are not on the rooted firmware then you need to update and root the same. Just in case if you haven’t rooted then you need to root XWJW1 Firmware.
- Now, assuming that you have downloaded the Amestris v7.3 Custom ROM Firmware Zip file from the list of pre requisites mentioned in the previous page, you need to connect your phone to computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Place the downloaded Zip file in your device’s SD Card. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the Sub folders. Once you place the file, disconnect the phone connected from computer and turn Off the device so that it can then be entered in the recovery mode.
- The Galaxy S I9000 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device. Once you enter into the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache which is there in your device.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” > “Amestris ROM v7.3 Custom ROM Firmware Zip Package”. It may take up to 10 minutes to process the update file.
- As soon as the update is applied successfully, the phone will again land up in the recovery mode where you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
For Users Facing Force Close Errors:
- Turn off your device so that it can then be entered in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache after which select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” which will restart the Galaxy S.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Amestris ROM v7.3 Custom ROM in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same at the earliest.