Hello Galaxy S GT I9000 users, here we come with an all new custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as “SLIM ROM” which is basically an Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 firmware based ROM. This custom ROM comes with not many features but is here to provide you the Ice Cream Sandwich experience without loading the device with tons of pre-loaded apps. Over a period of this article we will be discussing on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with which we will also check out the detailed tutorial in the next page. This firmware is not yet officially released by Samsung Electronics and also there is no ETA on by when ICS or Value Pack by will be released.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully. This update can only be applied to the devices whose phones bear model number as I9000 and not even I9000B / i9000T etc.
Highlights & Screen Captures of SLIM ROM:
- 5 Languages ( en ( us, uk), fr, it, de, es) No additional language will be added,
- Zeam Launcher ( stock ICS launcher provided in addon package),
- Basic Google Stuff Included ( 4.0.4 Gmail,Talk, Calendar and Contacts sync),
- Market 3.4.4 (Upgradeable to Google PLAY),
- Team Hacksung Kernel ( for now, flash any 4.0.3 kernel of your choice),
- GPS works,
- Front and Back Camera/Video,
- 2G / 3G Toggle,
- Wi Fi/Data,
- USB / Wifi Tethering,
- Phone Calling works
Quick Pre Requisites:
- We understand that all the data present in your Galaxy S is precious and we recommend you to back up all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so that just in case if the data gets erased or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
Notes – Backup in the mail so that you can then restore manually,
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore Videos,
Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery charge left in the device should be a minimum of 60% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turn Off in the middle of firmware update.
- All antivirus suites in your computer including the Firewalls should be disabled, while all the antivirus apps in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 should be uninstalled as these tools may interrupt the process of firmware updation.
- Ensure that you are on the XXJVU base Firmware and have rooted XXJVU Firmware so as to ensure that this custom Rom firmware can be applied successfully.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Galaxy S GT I9000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below image.
Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware.