Procedure to update C-RoM TeaM Jelly BeaN in Galaxy S GT I9000:
- Before proceeding, ensure that your Galaxy S GT I9000 is rooted, if it’s not rooted then you will have to root the same. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you can download “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package and Google Apps Package for Galaxy S GT I9000 from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to connect your Galaxy S GT I9000 device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- Once you placed the zip file, disconnect the Galaxy S connected from computer and turn Off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Galaxy S can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the device boots up in the normal mode, then try again the above process to get your Galaxy S in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys so that all the cache data will be wiped Off completely.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package and then the Google Apps Package to select “Yes” with the help of Volume rocker keys and Menu button. Once the file is selected, it will take around 5 – 7 minutes for applying the same. Once the update is applied, select “go back” and then “reboot system now” options in the recovery mode.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
To check the firmware is updated successfully updated or not, you can check from the path “Settings > About Phone”. So there you go, you have now successfully updated your Galaxy S with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to sort out the same.