How to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Tirami Slim ICS Custom ROM firmware
Tirami Slim Custom ROM firmware for Galaxy S GT I9000 arrives and is one of the most sort of the range custom ROM firmwares as it promises to give a perfect ICS experience with a huge feature list. So, in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily apply the same with the help of a detailed guide and pre requisites which you need to follow. Also, note that this is not a firmware which is released by Samsung Electronics and is custom ROM firmware released by third party developer.
Features of Tirami Slim Custom ROM firmware:
- BASED ON SLIM 3.9!
- Many bugfixes and improvements in Aroma
- Updated Kernel Semaphore to the version 1.2.2s
- Removed From Rom All themes (100 mb smaller)
- Moved power amp in the music section
- Fix the Phonek.apk integrated Default!
- Added Contacts moddata to get the T9 Dialer!
- Both genie widget (normal and inverted) are available as an option
- Debugging Section back online and running!
- Fixed a bug in the installation of charging phone off animation
- New GAPPS!
- Fixati some problems with the inverted GAPPS
- Added Inverted Talk!
- Added youtube HD mod by default with both normal and reversed!
- Added keyboard HTC
- Updated Launcher GS3
- Fixes some languages ??in the Aroma File Manager
- Added Samsung Task Manager as option in Aroma
- Updated Samsung TW Clock to version 2.2
- Added 6 BootAnimation!
- Added Sony Walkman Player!
- Now Rom have 2 Official BootAnimation!
- Removed almost all Modems except 3 JVT-JVU-ZSJPG you can find a great selection in Update_Me
- Added PCB Keyboard
- Updated Facebook
- Updated Titanium Backup
- Updated Hd Photo Contacts
- Updated Lightning Launcher
- Updated Nemus Launcher
- Updated Quick Pic
- Updated Apex Launcher
- Pulled Samsung Keyboard
- section so that you can revert back to the same.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of updating Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
Express Pre Requisites:
Note:Before proceeding to apply this update, you need to ensure that your Galaxy S GT I9000 is on the XXJW4 Rooted firmware. Just in case if you haven’t updated or on the rooted the firmware, then you will have to update and root the same with the help of below mentioned steps. (You can also update this custom ROM firmware on any of the rooted firmware.)
- We should not be blamed for any data loss happened in the course of applying this update. For your convenience, we have summed up a quick guide on how to back up the data safely so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the Samsung KIES Mode, which can be enabled from the Settings option and also you need to enable the USB Debugging Mode too from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Ensure that the minimum battery level is 50% and also you will have to disable the antivirus as well as firewall tools tend to disrupt the firmware update process.
Rooting your device is must, so before proceeding you need to ensure that you are on the Rooted firmware. You can check whether your device is rooted or not with an App called “Root Checker” which can be downloaded from the PLAY Store.
So let’s head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.