Procedure to update Galaxy S Plus I9001 with Official Gingerbread XXKQI 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download the Gingerbread XXKQI 2.3.6 Firmware Package and Odin v4.43 from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer. Turn off the computer so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- Download mode in your Samsung Galaxy S Plus can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered. Up next, connect Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
- Ensure that the ID : COM section in Odin is turned yellow as it means that all the drivers are installed successfully which you can get from the Samsung’s Official website.
- Click on “OPS” tab and select “AriesVE.ops” , click on “PDA” tab and select the file “I9001XXKQI_I9001XXKPM_I9001OXFKQ3_HOME.tar.md5” which you can find from extracted files and click on “Start”. It will take around 4 – 5 minutes to apply this update. Once it’s done, the phone will be rebooting and once you see the Language preferences option or say country selector, you can disconnect the device from computer.
- Once the firmware is applied successfully and you see the home screen, disconnect the device connected from the computer and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now. This will clear of all the cache data present in your device and will make sure that there are no force close errors arise in the normal usage of your phone.
Note: Just in case if the device doesn’t boot up or say gets into the boot loop sequence, you need to long press the power button or reinsert the battery to turn off the device and retry the whole process from start.
To check on whether the device is updated or not, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can see that the current firmware version is Gingerbread XXKQI 2.3.6. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues and we will try out level best to sort out the same.