Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 is still battling to get the stable and best custom ROM ICS firmware and in the process of the same, there has now arrived yet another custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as We UI v0.8.5 custom ROM firmware. Prior to this there were many firmware builds but this version comes with a host of changes of which we have mentioned a detailed change log below. Please note that this is not the official firmware version released by Samsung Electronics and also we have no clue on by when there will be an official update of ICS by Samsung or the Value Pack. Please note that this procedure should only be applied to the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 phones. Also be informed that in the process of applying this firmware, you need to root the device and rooting voids the warranty.
The only way with which you can reclaim the warranty is by re applying the factory firmware of XXJVU from the corresponding link.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Change Log of We UI v0.8.5 Custom ROM Firmware:
* Updated to 2.3.23
* Updated to Glitch Kernel Beta 6 (Released on March 24th) for all devices
* New Alarm, Clock, and Settings from MIUI
* Fixed Updater FC
* Added Updating support in the ROM from the updater app
* Better installer compatibility if coming from Gingerbread
* Reboot check in the installer
* More app options in the installer
* Another lib from MIUI
* New WeUI logo (thanks to fatjoez/publo)
* New bootanimation from new logo
* Possible performance improvement
* Old gallery as an option on installer
* Misc changes (ROM and installer)
- Before proceeding, ensure that you are on the rooted XXJVU Firmware and if not then you can update and root the same by following the instructions mentioned below.
- After rooting, you also need to download the ROM Manager application from the Google PLAY Store and install the custom Mod recovery image in your phone by following the on screen instructions which you will find after opening the app.
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update snce it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this firmware in your phone.