If you are having the Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 smartphone and are wondering on why in the race of Android, not many of the users are bothering about the jellybean 4.1 update for the SGS then you got to think a bit on this thought as developers are working hard to come up with the stable Jellybean ports for SGS and on the similar lines we will be checking out on how you can easily install this all new Jellybean 4.1.1 port which resembles more of a Galaxy Nexus port and is the stable update. Please note that this is not an Official firmware update released by Samsung Electronics and unfortunately there won’t be any official Jellybean update for I9000 device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
In the due course of this article we will be checking out on what are the change logs of this firmware along with the detailed pre requisites and a simple guide which will assist you to apply this firmware in your device.
Change Log of RC 10 Update:
- Faster & smooth
- Yaos updater by Dexafree
- Fix bright
- Fix wifi
- G.Settings integrated in settings
- external Sd on Pc
- Log cat
- Fix “omv (r)” thanks to Javipm (htcmania)
- Improved Ril
- Kernel Semaphore 2.0.6
- Optimized script
- Various minor fixed’s
With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to back up all the user level data present in your phone. Don’t make use of the KIES PC Suite for backing up the data as sometimes you may face issues with the tool. Manual backup is the safe backup, once you back up the data, move the target files to your computer.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Antivirus tools may interrupt the process of firmware update process iny uor phone, so its better to disable / uninstall the same. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Also, ensure that you have a minimum of 40% battery charge left so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of rooting process.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- First up check on whether your device is rooted or not. To check, download “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. Please note that just in case if you haven’t updated rooted your device then with the help of below links you can easily update and root the device.
- Now, assuming that you have rooted your phone successfully, you can now head over to downloading the Jellybean 4.1.1 Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once you have downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable and place these two zip files in your computer. Once placed, disconnect the Galaxy S smartphone and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Samsung Galaxy S can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. If the device boots up in the normal mode, then try again the above process to get your Galaxy S I9000 in recovery mode. Please note that if you apply on any other Galaxy S variant then there is a possibility that you might just brick the device.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys so that all the cache data will be wiped Off completely.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware package and then the Google Apps Package to select “Yes” with the help of Volume rocker keys and Menu button. Once the file is selected, it will take around 5 – 7 minutes for applying the same. Once the update is applied, select “go back” and then “reboot system now”.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section so that just in case if you face any issues faced in the process of applying this update as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your Galaxy S GT I9000 with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware version.