Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Paranoid custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware Package in your device.
- Disconnect the device from computer and turn off your Galaxy S GT I9000 so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. You can also enter the device in recovery mode via the ROM Manager app.
- Now in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then choose the Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware Package which you have placed in your phone. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update.
- As soon as the update is applied select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device. Please note that it may take longer than expected time for rebooting the device since it’s a first time the device is being booted up after firmware installation.
- To check on whether firmware has been updated successfully or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the firmware version as “Paranoid Custom ROM Firmware” based on the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So there you go you have now successfully learnt on how you can upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 with the latest firmware of Paranoid version.