Users of rooted Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 can now smile as an all new Galaxy Nexus styled custom ROM firmware can now be installed in your device. Please be informed that this is not an Official firmware released by Samsung Electronics and unfortunately there won’t be any ICS or Jellybean 4.1 update release by Samsung Officially. This custom firmware comes with host of features which we have listed below, along with this we have also showed you the screen captures on how this firmware will look like in your Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001. Full credits to the recognized XDA developer pierpa86 for coming up with this custom ROM named “My Simple ROM”. This firmware is visually very appealing and also is quite smooth compared to other custom ROM firmwares.
Features of My Simple ROM:
- Bash Shell
- Nano editor
- Extended Status Bar
- Extended Power Menu
- Stock Kernel
- Deep State
- GPU driver update
- removed a lot of stock app
- all app update to last version for NOW
- video player replaced with MX Player free version (first time you download video codec)
- archive replaced with Total Commander
- Quick Panel Setting
- only Holo Launcher ! (first time move you icon to dock)
- Luchy Patcher
- Calculator replaced
- Lock Screen and Launcher default wallpaper changed
- No boot sound
Screen Captures of My Simple ROM:
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- All the data in your device should be backed up so that just in case if the data gets erased or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES PC Suite as it doesn’t detect the
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your device as these interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Ensure that the minimum battery left in your device is not less than 40% or else it may turn off the device in middle which is dangerous.
Rooting Information: This can only be applied on the rooted devices, to check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you can check the same by downloading the app called “Root Checker” from Google PLAY Store. Once rooted, the warranty will get void. To restore the lost warranty you will have to update with any of the Stock Firmware.
So once you are done with all the above steps, you now can proceed to next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update of My Simple Custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy S Plus I9001.