Samsung Galaxy S PLUS I9001 Android phone users can now rejoice as in the due curse of this article we will be checking out on how you can update with the latest version of Jellybean 4.2.2 in the form of Liquid Smooth Custom ROM Firmware. Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be coming out with the Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware for the device due to End of Life of I9001 variant and hardware limitations but all thanks to custom ROM firmware makers who have ported this jellybean 4.2.2 in the device. We have also mentioned the screen captures on how this firmware looks like below. This firmware is the custom ROM firmware and not an official update released by Samsung Electronics.
Features of Liquid Smooth ROM:
- Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3
- Customizable lock screen buttons and sliders
- Chronus clock widget
- Customizable hardware and software keys
- Transparent navbar and status bar
- Customizable navbar ring
- Navigation bar widgets
- Customizable power menu
- Notification power widget
- Customizable quick settings panel
- Status bar mods
- Theme engine
- Quiet hours
- Volume rocker music controls
- Full Rotation
- Customizable battery and notification light
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Not with the KIES, but create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps only. Also, don’t make use of the ROM Manager to back up the data as it may brick the device.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Samsung Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you will need to makes sure that your phone is rooted. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Once you have rooted the device, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up the detailed instructions which will help you update the device.