Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with CM9 Firmware Update:
- Download the Clock Work mod recovery 184.108.40.206 & Heimdall Suite package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- Download Mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100G can be entered by Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Up next you need to run the “Zadig.exe” in the drivers folder of the heimdall suite and then from the drop down list you will have to select Samsung USB Composite Device or Gadget Serial and then you will have to click on the Install driver. Please note that just in case if the device gives out a prompt and is unable to verify the publisher of the driver then Ignore it and select “Install this driver anyway.”
- Now, the heimdall can be used safely in your computer. Up next, Untar codeworkx’s kernel into the Heimdall directory and in the command prompt, you need to enter the below mentioned command.
heimdall flash –kernel zImage
- After entering the above command, you will see that a blue transfer bar will appear on the phone showing the kernel being transferred and then the device will reboot automatically.
- So there you go, the Clock Work Mod recovery has been successfully installed in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G.
- Download Google Apps and Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to connect your phone and place these two zip files in your device. Disconnect the device and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100G can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device. Once you enter into the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache which is there in your device.
- In the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware Update package and the Google Apps Package.
- Now once the process is over, select +++++Go Back+++++ to get back to the main menu, and select the Reboot system now option. The Samsung Galaxy S II G should now boot into Cyanogen Mod.
Note: In a rare case if the device refuses to boot or gets in the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and turn ON the device normally. You can also re apply the update by following the above mentioned steps.
Congrats, you have now successfully applied the latest update of Cyanogen Mod 9 firmware in your device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
Pages: 1 2