Tutorial to Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727 with ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware:
- First up you need to Download the One Click Firmware Update Odin tool (Mirror) from here to your computer and once you do so, you now have to also download the heimdall Suite Package to your computer.
- Up next, click on the “i727ucalc4-oneclick.exe” for opening the Odin in your computer. Now, turn Off the device so that it can be then entered in the Download Mode. For entering the phone in the download mode, you need to press the Volume Down button, Menu Button and press the Power button for entering the device in the Download Mode. Another method of entering the Download mode is by pressing the Volume Up & Volume Down button and then connect The phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable.
- Once it’s entered in the Download Mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of USB cable after which you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow or will show as “ADDED” which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed and you are now ready to click on the “Start” which will then start the process of applying the update.
- Once the process is finished, the “PASS” message will be shown in the Odin and then there you go, it means that the firmware has been successfully updated.
- So, now you need to remove the connected USB cable after seeing the home screen and then turn Off the device so that you can then enter your device in the recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. You can also refer to the video below to know more on how you can enter into the recovery mode. If the phone boots in the normal mode then you need to try entering again into the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
- Just in case if you wish to Root Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727 smartphone then you can do the same by following the instructions mentioned in the corresponding link.
Tip: Just in case if due to some reasons if the update process gets failed or interrupted, then you need to apply the update again by following the steps again from the start. Don’t forget to restore the backup which you have taken in the initial steps.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727 Android smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Thanks to RootzWiki for coming up with this leak.
Pages: 1 2