While Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 is an older phone now when compared to the Galaxy S4, but it doesn’t mean that Galaxy S users can’t update the device with the Jellybean 4.3 Android OS. So, for all those who wanted to install good amount of stable Jellybean 4.3 Android OS, then we will guide you through the rest of the process for installing the same. Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be launching Jellybean 4.3 Android OS officially for Galaxy S.
So, after the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below we have summed up the detailed instructions which will help you upgrade the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S GT I9000 needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES for backing the data up as it won’t be able to restore the data being the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- As this is a custom ROM firmware, make sure that your Galaxy S smartphone is rooted. With the help of below mentioned steps, you can root the device.
- To check on whether the device is rooted or not, check the same with the help of “Root Checker” tool.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you install this Jellybean 4.3 update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Android OS Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- Disconnect the device and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Galaxy S GT I9000 can be entered in Galaxy S by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and then press the Power button. If Galaxy S gets turned ON in the normal mode, then retry the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode.
- Alternatively, you can also enter the device in recovery mode from the “ROM Manager” app.
- In recovery mode, wipe the data and clear the cache for clean installation of the firmware in your Galaxy S. Once done, select “install zip from sd card” to select the Jellybean 4.3 Android OS Package and Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device.
- Generally it takes around 6-10 minutes for applying this firmware update. Once the firmware is update, the same will be displayed on screen after which select “go back” and then “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If your Galaxy S gets into boot loop or for say gets stuck on the S Logo, just re insert the battery to re follow the above instructions for updating the device
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we are committed to address the same at the earliest.