Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTN for Galaxy mini S5570 smartphone becomes reality. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily update your phone with this firmware. Please note that this update is only official for the European countries but you can make use of this update for applying in your Galaxy mini irrespective of any country you are from. It’s been quite a while that the new firmware hasn’t come for this device. Last time we saw on how you can update your device with the latest Cyanogen mod 4.0.3 firmware version. Unfortunately, due to hardware limitations, there won’t be any official Update of ICS.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update. Please follow all the instructions mentioned carefully. Just in case if you are updating this from the custom ROM firmware then you need to clear and wipe the data from the recovery mode before applying the steps to update.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy mini S5570 should be backed up so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily with the help of below mentioned steps. You can make use of below mentioned steps to back up the data which is highly recommended.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. Ensure that you have disabled all the antivirus suites in your computer as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t root the device.
- Just in case if you have already rooted the device then after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked.
- If you want to root the device, then we will very soon be coming up with a detailed guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy mini S5570 on Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update easily.
Pages: 1 2