So, finally it’s here, the most awaited Official Fix from Google for its latest handset, Galaxy nexus. Though this update is rolling out slowly and may get delayed for some countries. But no waiting as usual for Android ADVICES users as you can now manually apply this update in your Galaxy nexus Phone. This update is basically an OTA (Over The Air) update which Google is slowly rolling out across the Globe. So, straightaway let’s head to the procedure on how you can easily apply this update manually. Please note that, to apply this update we will be using the Clock Work MOD recovery method which will be requiring you to root the phone and rooting voids the warranty.
This update is in line with the recent update which was released un officially to curb the Volume Bug by MoDaCo but this one is the Official one which we will be seeing in this article.
Advisory: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner if anything wrong happens with your device, though which is a very unlikely if you follow the instructions which are mentioned in the article. So, it’s very important to follow all the instructions carefully before you proceed to root the phone.
So, now let’s get started with the instructions which you need to follow before applying this update in the form of Pre Requisistes.
- Backup all the data which is stored in the phone as in the process of update, the data can get corrupted or lost. With the below mentioned tips you can easily backup all the data which is there in your phone.
SMS Messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts Stored in Phone Memory – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Videos, Images, Videos & Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Note: Games and Apps data will be lost.
Procedure to apply Galaxy Nexus with the latest OTA (Over the Air) Update:
- Before proceeding, you need to download the Google Nexus OTA Update Zip File along with the Latest Clock Work MOD Recovery Image file from here to your computer. Once you download then you need to now connect the Galaxy nexus Phone to the computer and copy the OTA Zip file to the /sdcard path which is to the root of the phone.
- After this you need to place the Clock Work MOD Recovery file in the same folder as that of the Fast boot in your computer. Please ensure that the image file is named as “cwm.img” and no other name.
- Now, you need to reboot the Galaxy nexus phone in the boot loader mode which you can do by “holding the Volume Up and Volume Down key and then press Power button”.
- After entering into the boot loader mode, you then will have to connect he phone to the computer using the USB cable which you have got at the time of purchase.
- Now, enter into the command prompt and then enter in the command as “fastboot-windows.exe boot cwm.img” or say “fastboot.exe” if you are having that.
- Now, with the help of the Clock Work Mod Recovery menu, you need to now flash the Zip file which you have placed in the form of OTA Zip file in the SD card by selecting the same.
So, once the process is done you need to reboot the phone and there you go, you can now enjoy your Galaxy nexus experience in a truly bug free manner.